- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT)
- Family / Marital
- Mindfulness-based (MBCT)
- Solution Focused Brief (SFBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR)
- "Courtesy of EMDR International Association
- Ego State Therapy for Dissociation
Prepare/Enrich - pre-marital and marriage program:
I am a facilitator for the Prepare/Enrich pre-marital and marriage program. I use many of the strengths perspectives taught by Dr. John Gottman for marriage counseling.
• Anger Management - I use Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) along with effective coping skills to help clients learn to manage their anger. Triggers are also addressed as needed.
• Bipolar Disorder - I teach clients how to monitor their moods, and CBT works well with learning to manage manic and depressive symptoms. Medication is also recommended.
• Divorce counseling is approached from a supportive therapy perspective.
• Premarital and marriage counseling - I approach premarital and marriage counseling from both spiritual and non-spiritual perspectives depending on the client's preference. I use the Prepare/Enrich program, Dr. Gottman's 7 Principles, and Carl Jung's 4 Temperament Types to assist in assessment and counseling.
• Anxiety - research shows CBT and Mindfulness work best in learning to manage anxiety and panic disorders. In session, we explore the client's triggers and thought patterns. Medication may also be recommended. Relaxation techniques are also taught.
• Depression - treatment for depression is approached with CBT to address triggers and thought patterns, along with established negative core beliefs. Medication may also recommended.
Age: 15 to 65